- We know time is always an issue--Stephen Abram shares some ideas on where to find the time for 23 Things. Where will you find the time? I've set aside time in the evenings to work on both 23 Things and learning HTML. Hopefully I'll be able to stick with my time frame.
- Why are you participating in 23 Things On a Stick? What do you hope to learn? I'm participating in 23 Things as a requirement for a school course, but I've also been encouraged to do the 23 Things as part of Con Ed at work. I hope to learn about some of the new techie things that are out there and how I can use them. At this point, I know about a few of them but have lacked the drive or need to learn about them.
- How has the Internet and the vast resource it can be affected your use of time at work and/or at home? I know that I am greatly dependent on the Internet. All I need is a power outage to feel cut off from the world. I use the Internet for any research that I do, at work or at home. If I am asked a question at the library, I use the Internet based catalog, databases, and search engines to find answers. I also use the Internet to stay in contact with friends and family, and even just last night I used it to follow a football game that I couldn't get on TV. I would say almost 90 percent of my time at work involves using the Internet while only about 25 to 30 percent of my time at home does. Currently I do not have Internet capabilities on my phone, but I don't see that being too far in my future.
- Where are you in your knowledge and use of Web 2.0 tools? How about your library? At this point, I'm still struggling to comprehend what is encompassed by the term Web 2.0. However, I am pretty apt at staying on top of the new developments that are used at my library and quick to learn new tools.
- What are you looking forward to in 23 Things On a Stick? I look forward to showing others (friends and coworkers) what I have learned, or will learn.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Thing 2
Blog questions...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment