Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RSS - Thing 3

  • What do you like about RSS and newsreaders?
    I like that they do the searching for me. No more going to multiple sites to see the latest updates.
  • How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life?
    I'm not sure how I might use this for school, maybe subscribing to feeds related to coursework. In my personal life, the first few feeds that I have subscribed to are all of interest to me. It is an easier way to look at the websites I usually go to anyway.
  • How can teachers or media specialists libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?
    For one, by subscribing to professional development type of feeds. New information related to what they do will come to them.

  • Which tool for finding feeds was easiest to use?
    I'm not sure yet, I liked the google blog finder. Right now I've mainly subscribed to only the sites that I use normally.
  • Find any great sources we should all add to our feed reader?
    If you use the Tulsa library to get your DVDs, like I do, you can subscribe to the new DVD list.

No comments:

Post a Comment